|Check multiple job sites to gain|
The sites I included on my list to search regularly included:
- Local job sites like the local newspaper and Business Journal.
- Sites that related to my area of expertise like the local American Advertising Federation, International Association of Business Communicators, Public Relations Society of America, and Direct Marketing Association job sites.
- Nonprofit/religious sites (since I was interested in working in these two areas).
- Explore all of the main job sites and figure out which ones work best for you.
- Input the types of jobs you want on each site. Fine-tune your search criteria until the site finds the most appropriate jobs for your experience level and expertise. Save the search results.
- Sign up to receive free daily or weekly emails based on your search criteria. (If you don’t start receiving the emails, make sure they aren’t caught in your spam filter).
- Research job sites that specifically focus on your area of expertise.
- Look into local job sites associated with your city’s newspaper and business journal, or that are connected with local networking organizations.
- Sign up for LinkedIn groups that relate to your area of expertise and select whether to receive daily or weekly digests of discussions and job postings.
- Maintain a list of viable sites (by copying and pasting the web address for each into a Word document). Click through all these links once a week.
Like what you've learned?
Receive Getajobtips.com by email or RSS feed and benefit from our services! Also register for our free Wednesday webinars (See the right navigation bar for upcoming webinars).